9 de July de 2022
Training on holidays, the key to disconnect
Maybe you are not already on holidays, but you will enjoy them for sure in the next few days. A time we need to rest, but also to practice sport, something that will help us to disconnect from daily stress.
To be able to disconnect is essential for our health, as it has been proven that long working periods without rest can increase anxiety and stress up to a dangerous point. In fact, to keep contact with the work environment outside it, alters our rest and keep us alert.
One of the factors that will help us to find this disconnection is the practice of sport and specially running, a key physical activity. It will not only help us to reduce daily stress from a psychological point of view, but also from a physiological point of view.
Psychologically, it allows us to entertain ourselves and concentrate on other questions. Physiologically, with sport we liberate endorphins in the brain, the pituitary and so on. This gives us a greater sense of well-being, reduces pain and increases “happiness”. Also, tiredness promotes rest.
Many times, on holidays, the change of routine makes us abandon physical activity during holidays. Heat, trips to other places, etc, are the most usual arguments to abandon physical activity during these weeks.
But the attitude we take is key to not giving up the activity, so take note of some of these tips:
• Run early in the morning or late in the evening
• If you go to a beach destination or have swimming pool, take the opportunity to go swimming
• Drink a lot of water and any isotonic drink after the exercise to compensate the loss of electrolytes
• You can run wherever you want, mountain or beach, don’t stay on the sofa. You just need sport shoes and light clothing
• Protect yourself from sun to avoid the consequences of continuous sun exposure